BFG Packaging undertakes to protect your privacy. Contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal data and we will be happy to help you.
- Definitions used in this policy
- The data protection principles we follow
- What are your rights over your personal data
- What personal data we collect about you
- How we use personal data
- Who else has access to personal data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations that is performed on personal data or on personal data sets.
Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is processed.
Child – natural person under the age of 16.
We – BFG Packaging team
Data protection principles
We undertake to observe the following data protection principles:
- The processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our processing activities have legal grounds. We always consider your rights before processing your personal data. Upon request, we will provide information on the processing.
- Processing is limited to purpose. Our processing activities correspond to the purpose for which personal data was collected.
- Processing is done with minimum data. We collect and process only the minimum amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited over a period of time. We will not store your personal data more than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the data.
The rights of the data subject
The data subject has the following rights:
- The right to information – which means you need to know if your personal data is being processed; what data is collected, where they are obtained from and why and who processes them.
- Access right – which means you have the right to access the data collected from / about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data collected.
- The right to rectification – which means you have the right to request the rectification or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right of deletion – which means that, in certain circumstances, you may require that your personal data be deleted from our records.
- The right to restrict processing – i.e. if certain conditions apply, you may restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing – i.e. in some cases you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- The right to object to automatic processing – which means you have the right to object to automatic processing, including to profiling; and not be the subject of a decision based solely on automatic processing. You can exercise this right whenever a profiling result produces legal effects that affect you or significantly affect you.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your personal data in a machine-readable format or, if possible, as a direct transfer from one processor to another.
- The right to file a complaint – if we refuse your application under Access Rights, we will give you a real reason. If you are not satisfied with the way your request was handled, please contact us.
- The right to the assistance of the supervisory authority – which means you have the right to help your supervisor and the right to obtain other remedies, such as claiming damages.
- The right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any consent given for the processing of your personal data.
The data we collect
The information you provided us
This information includes, for example, your name, e-mail address or phone number – mainly the information needed to offer a product / service or to improve your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us to contact you or perform other activities on the site.
Automatically collected information about you
This information is automatically collected through the cookies installed in your browser by the consent expressly granted after reading this Policy and after clicking on the “Accept” button in the bar on the bottom of the page. The installed cookies are the following:
- pll_language – used to store your preferred language so that, on the next visit to our site, we will display your information in this language. This information is stored in your browser for 1 year.
- _ga – used to distinguish users. This information is stored in your browser for 2 years.
- _gid – used to distinguish users. This information is stored in your browser for 24 hours.
- _gat – used to speed up the request rate. This information is stored in your browser for 1 minute.
The information stored is only about your preferred language and those collected by Google Analytics about your activity on our site. You can find here more details about this tool for processing the visits on the site.
Publicly available information
We may collect information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to:
- provide you with our services. This includes, for example, providing the products and services you have requested or products and services similar / complementary to those requested; providing promotional items upon your request and communicating with you about these products and services; communicating and interacting with you and notifying changes made to any services.
- improve customer experience;
- meet an obligation in accordance with the law or contract;
We use your personal data based on your consent (by the consent expressly granted after reading this Policy and after clicking on the “Accept” button in the bar on the bottom of the page) and / or based on the legitimate interest (by transmitting your contact information or other data for the purpose of being contacted or receiving an offer / information, in order to initiate a possible collaboration with BFG Packaging SRL).
With your consent, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers;
- for other purposes for which we have requested your consent.
We process your personal data to meet the obligations deriving from the law and / or to use your personal data for the options provided for by the law. We reserve the right to anonymize the collected personal data and use such data. We will use the data outside the scope of this Policy only if it is anonymous. The information stored about you on the site activity will be stored for 38 months after the last interaction with it.
We may process personal data for other purposes not mentioned here but which are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was collected. To do this, we will make sure that:
- the link between the purposes, context and nature of personal data is appropriate for further processing;
- further processing will not affect your interests
- there is an appropriate guarantee for processing.
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who else can access your personal data
We do not share your personal data with strangers. Personal information about you is provided, in some cases, to our trusted partners to give you the opportunity to offer you the service or to improve customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Google Analytics – you can find here more details about this tool for processing user visits on the site.
We work only with processing partners who are able to provide an adequate level of protection of your personal data. We disclose your personal data to third parties or civil servants only when we are legally forced to do so. We may disclose your personal data to third parties only if you have given your consent or if there are other legal grounds for doing so.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your personal data safe. We use secure data communication and transfer protocols (such as HTTPS). We use anonymisation and pseudonymization where appropriate. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even if we try everything we can, we cannot guarantee the security of the information. However, we promise to inform the competent authorities about the data breaches. We will also let you know if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do our utmost to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities in case of breaches.
If you have an account with us, keep in mind that you must keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our site. You can control cookies at browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may prevent some features from being used.
- Cookies required – these cookies are required to be able to use some important features on our site, such as connecting. These cookies do not collect personal information.
- Function cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes our service more convenient and makes more personalized features possible. For example, these may recall the names and emails in the comment forms, so you do not have to re-enter this information the next time they should be filled in.
- Google Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to disseminate ads relevant to you and your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an ad. These are usually placed on the website through the advertising sites with the permission of the site operator. These cookies remind you that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations, such as advertisers. Often, targeting or advertising cookies will be related to the functionality of the site provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer through browser settings. Alternatively, you can control third-party cookies using a privacy enhancement platform.
The last change was made on May 25, 2018.